As Trump’s Failures Mount, He Comes Unhinged at CPAC
Tell us if you agree Trump is failing.
As his failures as President continue to mount, a sweating and rambling Donald Trump today addressed the Childish Pageant of Angry Conservatives (otherwise known as CPAC), and it was clear just how unhinged he is.
Trump’s abject failure as a leader came into sharp relief his week and it became clear that the house of cards that is his presidency is in peril.
- Cohen Hearing Failure. The Michael Cohen hearing exposed the level of Trump’s criminality and worsening legal troubles.
- Korea Summit Failure. Trump returned from the Korea Summit not only empty handed but having handed Kim Jong Un several PR gifts & said he “took him at his word” that the North Korean Dictator had nothing to do with the brutal beating of Ott Warmbier that resulted in his coma and death.
- National Security Failure. It was revealed that Trump lied about having any hand in son-in-law Jared Kushner's security clearance. In an explosive piece of reporting, The New York Times revealed that Trump in fact ordered his former chief of staff John Kelly to ignore the warnings and objections of the Intelligence Community and his own legal counsel to grant his son-in-law Jared Kushner Top Secret security clearance.
- Economic Failure. The self-touted Trump economy sputters - it was revealed that the country’s economic growth declined at the end of 2018 for the second straight quarter, with the GDP failing to hit the 3% annual increase Trump promised his & the GOP’s “tax cuts” would spur. Even worse -- economists predict the economic growth won’t reach 3% next year either.
- Trade & Tariff Failures. States from Wisconsin to South Dakota are experiencing the continued decline of the family farm as Trump’s erratic trade and tariff policies wreak havoc on agricultural states.
- Emergency Declaration Failure. The House has already voted to block Trump’s use of a national emergency declaration and rebuked his plan to steal $3.6 billion of military construction dollars, which includes funds to update and repair military family housing. As the vote heads to the Senate, opposition to Trump’s emergency declaration grows.
In the face of all these failures, Trump spent two hours today at CPAC reminiscing about crowd sizes and further insulting the family of Otto Warmbier by suggesting he’s “in such a horrible position” and has to strike “a very, very delicate balance” seemingly deploying the same sickening “both sides” rhetoric after the racist killing of Heather Heyer by a white supremacist in Charlottesville.
We plan to look at each of these failures more closely in the coming days. But tell us what you think. How do you feel about Trump’s failures? What other failures are we missing?
Your Daily Round Up for February 28thGood afternoon. Here are the latest news and updates that our team at Future Majority is tracking. Another Saturday, another
#TrumpSlump Stresses Global MarketsWall Street Journal Reports: U.S. Stocks Fall on Fresh Trade Tensions U.S. stocks fall as a result of Trump's tweet saying he Infrastructure
Your Daily Roundup for February 11thGood morning. As the COVID-19 pandemic takes a toll on life in America, our team at Future Majority is tracking the latest