URGENT: Join Alyssa Milano and Support the Anti-Corruption For the People Act (H.R.1)
Contact Congress Now & Tell them to Vote YES on H.R. 1 - A Power Grab "For the People"!!
This Friday -- March 8 -- Democrats in Congress will vote to pass the strongest anti-corruption bill in a generation. For the first time since Watergate, we have a chance to clean up the rampant culture of corruption in Washington, D.C.
What does the Democrats’ anti-corruption bill do?
Campaign Finance/Money in Politics
- End Citizens United (because corporations aren’t people!)
- Force Super PACs and dark money groups to disclose secret donors
- Require Facebook and Twitter to disclose who pays for political ads on their platforms - and how much money is spent on the ads
- Stop shell companies owned by foreign entities from donating to political campaigns
- Prohibit any coordination between candidates and Super PACs
- Require the president & vice president (& candidates for those offices) to disclose 10 years of tax returns
- Stop members of Congress from using taxpayer money to settle sexual harassment or discrimination cases
- Enforce stricter lobbying registration requirements, including for those lobbying on behalf of foreign countries
Protect/Expand Voting Rights
- Require automatic voter registration
- Prohibit voter roll purging
- Make Election Day a federal holiday
- End partisan gerrymandering with independent redistricting commissions
- Require the director of national intelligence to do regular checks on foreign threats to our elections
The vote is tomorrow. We need your voice now. Tell Congress to VOTE yes on H.R. 1 - For the People.
Last year during the elections, you used your voice at the ballot box and declared, loud and clear for all to hear, that corruption in Washington is the top issue plaguing our government.
Democrats are taking a giant first step to fulfill their promise of cleaning up Trump’s Washington. (Unlike Trump, Democrats really do want to "drain the swamp".)
And that’s what their bill -- known in Washington-speak as the “For the People Act of 2019” (H.R. 1) -- will do. It returns power to you, the American citizen, by ending Washington’s most corrupt practices and making it easier for Americans to participate in their democracy.
Corporate lobbyists, wealthy special interests and greedy politicians like Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) who benefit from the current system cry that this a “power grab.” Well, they’re partly right. It does strip them of their power -- and gives it back to the people where it belongs. It’s a power grab for the people.
Contact your member of Congress today and tell them to vote YES on the anti-corruption For the People Act of 2019 (H.R. 1). Tell them you support the Power Grab For the People!
#TrumpSlump Stresses Global MarketsWall Street Journal Reports: U.S. Stocks Fall on Fresh Trade Tensions U.S. stocks fall as a result of Trump's tweet saying he Infrastructure
Majority of Americans Believe Anti-Abortion Laws Work Against WomenKFF Reports : Abortion Knowledge and Attitudes: KFF Polling and Policy Insights A recent poll conducted by the Kaiser Family Reproductive Rights
Study Finds: Women Denied Abortions Live in Financial Stress Years LaterCBS News Reports : Women denied abortions live in financial distress years later, study finds When denied an abortion, women are Reproductive Rights