We Have a Constitutional Crisis.
Do you think Trump’s corruption has caused a Constitutional crisis?
by Future Majority | 5.8.19
The unfettered corruption Trump brought to Washington is contagious.
It has already infected the Trump Cabinet, including the Department formerly known as Justice and the Treasury Department. And now the Trump corruption is spreading like wildfire throughout the Republican Party as a whole and creeping into states like Kentucky.
Here’s a step by step look at just how this unprecedented presidential corruption has spread under Trump:
- Trump attempts multiple times - starting with the firing of FBI Director James Comey - to obstruct the Russia investigation.
- Trump forces then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions (who’d famously recused himself from oversight of the Russia investigation) to resign.
- Trump appoints William Barr as Attorney General (who famously wrote a 19-page memo trashing the Russian investigation and sent it to Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein) to help get him out of the Russia mess.
- Attorney General Barr lies to Congress and the American people about what the Mueller Report uncovered (including multiple attempts by the Trump campaign to get dirt on Hillary Clinton from the Russians, and at least 10 attempts by Trump to obstruct justice and thwart the investigation).
- Barr refuses to release an un-redacted version to Congress.
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin refuses to comply with a subpoena to turn over Trump’s tax returns to Congress.
- Trump sues Deutsche Bank and Capital One in an attempt to prevent the banks from responding to congressional subpoenas about his financial records.
- Barr refuses to comply with a subpoena to testify before the House Judiciary Committee.
- As the House Judiciary Committee prepares to hold the Attorney General in contempt of Congress, Barr urges Trump to exert executive privilege over the Mueller Report.
- Trump invokes executive privilege over the Mueller Report - having (for now) successfully thwarted efforts by Congress to allow the American people to see the full scope of the president’s misdeeds and multiple attempts at obstruction of justice as detailed in the report.
- The country enters a Constitutional crisis, and Donald Trump comes one corrupt step closer to an imperial presidency and the death of American democracy.
Reminder: We live in the United States of America...a democracy.
Tell us - do you think Trump’s corruption caused this Constitutional crisis?
Note: Tomorrow we’ll show how Trump’s particularly noxious brand of corruption -- which all ties back to Russia -- is spreading to the states, starting with Kentucky and Mitch McConnell.
Trump's economic policies have left Americans worse offby Future Majority | 9.11.19 Donald Trump's tax and tariff policies are the heart of his economic program, but the hard data
by Future Majority | 9.11.19
For the Peopleby Future Majority | 9.9.19 by Future Majority | 9.9.19 Since the media shows little interest in reporting all the good work
by Future Majority | 9.9.19
It's Called the #TrumpSlumpby Future Majority | 9.17.19 Trump's chaos and constant attacks are causing an economic mess. Have you been affected by the
by Future Majority | 9.9.19