Poll: 70% of Americans Support a Military Weapons Ban – Do You?
Do you support a military weapons ban?
In the aftermath of this month's mass shootings, did you know that 70% of all voters support banning military weapons according to a new poll? Learn more in the piece published by Countable below, and share your opinion above.
What’s the story?
- 70% of all voters would support banning assault weapons, according to a new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll.
- The poll was conducted Aug. 5-7, in the immediate aftermath of two mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio.
What are the numbers?
- 86% of Democrats would back such a ban.
- 55% of GOP voters would support banning assault weapons, and 54% said they’d support stricter gun laws more generally. (Politico notes that this finding contradicts President Donald Trump’s claims that there’s “no political appetite” for such restrictions.)
- 90% of Republican voters said they would back universal background checks for weapons purchases.
- 23% of potential voters opposed an assault weapons ban.
- 89% of voters want to block gun sales to people who have been reported as dangerous to law enforcement by mental health providers.
- 84% support banning people convicted of violent misdemeanors from purchasing guns.
What do you think?
52% of respondents think it’s either not very likely or not likely at all that Congress will act. Tell Congress what you think above, then share your thoughts below.
(Photo Credit: iStock / SlobodanMiljevic)
Your Daily Round Up for February 28thGood afternoon. Here are the latest news and updates that our team at Future Majority is tracking. Another Saturday, another
#TrumpSlump Stresses Global MarketsWall Street Journal Reports: U.S. Stocks Fall on Fresh Trade Tensions U.S. stocks fall as a result of Trump's tweet saying he Infrastructure
What are your top priorities for the Biden administration to tackle?The transition between administrations has begun and the Biden administration has released its top priorities that it will began