Seeing 2020: Freedom to be LGBTQ
Call your Representatives and ask how they're an ally to the LGBTQ.
The democratic presidential race is now down to a few key candidates, but where do they stand on LGTBQ rights? Check it out here:
- Would work against providing foreign aid to and engaging in trade with countries that discriminate against members of the LGBTQ community
- Would devote an office in the State Department focused on LGBTQ rights around the world
- Sign the Equality Act
- Update the U.S. passport system to include “non-binary” or “X"
- Outlaw genital surgeries on intersex babies
- Get rid of barriers to medically necessary transition-related care for transgender Americans
- Pass legislation to bolster suicide prevention among LGBTQ youth
- Outlaw conversion therapy
- Pass the Equality Act, of which she is a cosponsor
- Make LGBTQ non-discrimination a requirement of any entity seeking a federal grant
- Boost enforcement against and investigations of discrimination against members of the LGBTQ community
- Nominate federal judges who would be likely to uphold the rights of LGBTQ Americans
- Ban discrimination on the basis of gender identity and sexual orientation in the child welfare system and within adoption agencies
- Scores a 100% rating from the Human Rights Campaign
- He supported gay marriage years before the Supreme Court legalized it in in 2015
- While Mayor of Burlington, VT he signed a law prohibiting housing discrimination against the gay community and other groups
To see more content like this, help support Future Majority here.
#TrumpSlump Stresses Global MarketsWall Street Journal Reports: U.S. Stocks Fall on Fresh Trade Tensions U.S. stocks fall as a result of Trump's tweet saying he Infrastructure
Your Daily Roundup for February 26thGood afternoon. Here are the latest news and updates that our team at Future Majority is tracking. As Democrats took to the
Senate Dems. Blocked Two Anti-Abortion BillsThe Hill Reports : Democrats block two Senate abortion bills On Tuesday, Senate Democrats block two abortion-related bills Reproductive Rights