The Freedom to Choose isn't just for Women
Call your Representatives and ask how they plan to protect the #FreedomToChoose
While it is well known that the Trump administration has made it their mission to undermine the freedom to choose, this issue doesn't solely impact women.
Women are not the only people that can get pregnant. And yet, the trans community is consistently left out of the abortion debate.
With new attacks on abortion rights throughout the US, the potential for forcing trans men and nonbinary people to have a child has dramatically increased.
"Preliminary data from a 2018 study of 450 trans men and gender non-conforming individuals seems to suggest that of the six percent who experienced an unplanned pregnancy, 32 percent opted to terminate it, but beyond that limited data — which fails to describe how the other 68 percent of trans men deal with their pregnancies — the important details of trans men’s abortions can be summed up with the unfortunate statement: “We don’t know.”"
We need to include non-women in the conversation about the freedom to choose and continue to advocate for this right at the city, state, and federal level.
Call your Representatives today and ask how they plan to advocate for reproductive justice for all genders.
#TrumpSlump Stresses Global MarketsWall Street Journal Reports: U.S. Stocks Fall on Fresh Trade Tensions U.S. stocks fall as a result of Trump's tweet saying he Infrastructure
Majority of Americans Believe Anti-Abortion Laws Work Against WomenKFF Reports : Abortion Knowledge and Attitudes: KFF Polling and Policy Insights A recent poll conducted by the Kaiser Family Reproductive Rights
Study Finds: Women Denied Abortions Live in Financial Stress Years LaterCBS News Reports : Women denied abortions live in financial distress years later, study finds When denied an abortion, women are Reproductive Rights