Your Daily Roundup for March 4th
Let us know in the comments your thoughts on the Super Tuesday results!
Good afternoon. Here are the latest news and updates that our team at Future Majority is tracking.
Welcome to the Daily Roundup - Super Tuesday Edition.
Yesterday was Super Tuesday, and voters in 14 states and one U.S. territory headed to the polls to put their support behind their Democratic candidate of choice. Here’s what happened:
- Former Vice President Joe Biden is the projected winner of 9 states: Alabama, Arkansas, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia, and is likely to pick up Maine as well in a close contest.
- Senator Bernie Sanders is the projected winner of 3 states: Colorado, Utah, and Vermont. He is also expected to win California after all votes are tallied.
- After a disappointing showing, winning only American Samoa, former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg dropped out of the race and endorsed Biden.
- Senator Elizabeth Warren did not finish above third in a single state, but remains third in the delegate count.
- According to the NBC, as of now, Biden leads the national delegate count with 513 pledged delegates, followed by Sanders who has 461. Warren has 47 delegates and Representative Tulsi Gabbard has picked up 1.
Up next in the primary, 6 states hold primaries and caucuses on Tuesday.
Michigan, a key battleground state for the general election, has a critical primary on Tuesday, where 125 pledged delegates will be awarded. The latest poll out of Michigan shows Biden leading Sanders:
Trump’s approval rating continues to hover below a majority.
A new Gallup poll out this week shows a two-point drop for in the poll for President Trump’s job approval among voters:
- Approve: 47%
- Disapprove 51%
It remains to be seen whether Trump’s handling of the coronavirus spread will impact his performance rating.
A new Economist/YouGov poll shows Trump’s approval is worse off, and down by 9 points:
- Approve: 44%
- Disapprove: 53%
Here’s a look at key dates coming up the rest of this month:
Your Daily Round Up for February 28thGood afternoon. Here are the latest news and updates that our team at Future Majority is tracking. Another Saturday, another
#TrumpSlump Stresses Global MarketsWall Street Journal Reports: U.S. Stocks Fall on Fresh Trade Tensions U.S. stocks fall as a result of Trump's tweet saying he Infrastructure
A promise for a better tomorrow: The Compact for the American Future in its entiretyIt is difficult to believe that it has been seven months since the United States took major action on the COVID-19 pandemic -- Climate Change