Democrats Fight to End the Culture of Corruption. Republicans Continue to Block Political Reform.
Join us and spread the word to your community
by Future Majority | 10.1.18
Click above to contact lawmakers and tell your Member of Congress to vote FOR the DISCLOSE Act. That's the best way to end the culture of corruption in Washington.
Democrats in Congress, led by Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), are taking on the culture of corruption that is eating away American Democracy and making life hard for working Americans.
Republicans, on the other hand, continue to block political reform that would clean up the corrosive effect of undisclosed dark money in politics and restore faith in our elections.
The DISCLOSE Act would require organizations that spend money in federal elections to disclose their donors, and would help guard against foreign interference in our democracy. The bill comes as outside special interests gear up to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to influence the 2018 midterm elections, and as experts warn of increased secret foreign spending in American politics.
The DISCLOSE Act is also a key plank of “A Better Deal for Our Democracy” – the Democratic plan to end the corruption in Washington and return to government of, by and for the people.
“The unprecedented deluge of secret money in our elections has put a dark stain on American politics,” said Congressman Sarbanes. “The DISCLOSE Act is an important step toward increasing transparency in our democracy and exposing the corrosive agenda of wealthy special interests.”
The DISCLOSE Act takes a number of steps to ensure disclosure of secret money, including:
- Requiring organizations spending money in elections – including super PACs and certain nonprofit groups – to disclose donors who have given $10,000 or more during an election cycle;
- Preventing political operatives from using layers of shell corporations and front groups to hide donor identities;
- Requiring corporations, unions and other organizations to identify those behind political ads – including disclosing an organization’s top five funders at the end of television ads;
- Guarding against foreign spending in American elections by prohibiting domestic corporations with significant foreign control, ownership, or direction from spending money in U.S. elections; and
- Cracking down on shell corporations by requiring companies that spend money in elections to disclose their true owners.
You can take action on this issue by clicking above, contacting your Member of Congress, and telling her / him to vote FOR the DISCLOSE Act.
Trump's economic policies have left Americans worse offby Future Majority | 9.11.19 Donald Trump's tax and tariff policies are the heart of his economic program, but the hard data
by Future Majority | 9.11.19
For the Peopleby Future Majority | 9.9.19 by Future Majority | 9.9.19 Since the media shows little interest in reporting all the good work
by Future Majority | 9.9.19
It's Called the #TrumpSlumpby Future Majority | 9.17.19 Trump's chaos and constant attacks are causing an economic mess. Have you been affected by the
by Future Majority | 9.9.19