We're Not Done Fighting -- Get Ready for the Georgia Runoffs!
Share this article now to get out the vote for the Georgia runoffs!
Americans turned out in record numbers this election cycle and demonstrated that democracy is alive and well. Although the presidential election has come and gone, the battle in Georgia is far from over. Let's get to work.
Americans in Georgia turned up to make their voices heard but no Senate candidate reached 50% of the vote in both races that were on the ballot. Now there are runoffs between U.S. Senate candidates Jon Ossoff and incumbent David Perdue as well as Raphael Warnock and Kelly Loeffler who are vying for an open seat in the special election. Both runoffs will conclude on Election Day, January 5, 2021. This Senate seat is more important than ever before, as control of the Senate hangs in the balance. The winners of the runoffs have the potential determine the party in power in the Senate and electing a new Senate Majority Leader. This could have major implications on the types of policies that are passed, including COVID-19 economic relief, affordable healthcare and climate policies.
Here are key dates you need to know for the upcoming run-off:
- November 18: Earliest day for a registrar to mail an absentee ballot for the general election runoff
- December 7: Voter registration deadline to vote in the federal runoff election (if you will be 18 by election day, you can register to vote)
- December 14: Advanced in-person or early voting begins for the general election runoff for federal offices
- January 5, 2021: Federal runoff Election Day
Now let's put your vote to work:
- Register to vote here
- Request your absentee ballot here
- Find your polling location here
- Bring a form of photo ID to vote in person
If you can't vote in Georgia:
- Volunteer to phone or text bank
- Join the Georgia Postcard Project and send letters to potential voters
- Donate to your favorite candidate
- Stay tuned for potentially offering up help to cure ballots
With your vote, you could determine the future of all Americans. Get ready for January 5th!
Your Daily Round Up for February 28thGood afternoon. Here are the latest news and updates that our team at Future Majority is tracking. Another Saturday, another
#TrumpSlump Stresses Global MarketsWall Street Journal Reports: U.S. Stocks Fall on Fresh Trade Tensions U.S. stocks fall as a result of Trump's tweet saying he Infrastructure
Memo - How we got here: COVID-19 in the U.S.It’s difficult to describe how events have turned in the past several months in the United States. The COVID-19 pandemic has Healthcare